To be a center of excellence for providing quality education in the field of science, engineering and technology and conduct research to meet the national and global challenges.
Provide comprehensive education and conduct research in diverse disciplines of science, engineering, technology, and engineering management.
Produce technologically advanced intellectual leaders and professionals with high moral and ethical values to meet the socio-economic development of Bangladesh and global needs.
Conduct collaborative research activities with national and international communities for continuous interaction with academia and industry.
Provide consultancy, advisory, testing, and other related services to government, non-government and autonomous organization including personal for widening practical knowledge and to contribute in sustainable development of the society.
MIST not only makes our students graduates but also strives to make them humane.
Discipline remains the corner stone of continuous success stories of MIST.
Morality is innate. MIST helps nurture it and develops our students as Quality Engineers with Morality.
MIST keeps focusing on quality education with inspiration to life-long learning so that our graduates are recognized in the world and can prove their acquired skills.
- Established on 19 April 1998 by Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Academic journey started with 40 military officers in 1999 and with civil students in 2003.
- Now MIST has more than 85% civil students.
- Around 2500 UG students, 600 PG students and 350 faculty members.
- 12 Engineering Departments under 4 Faculties.
- 110 PhD faculty members and 20 pursuing PhD.
- Student Faculty ratio - 8:1.
- 4610 students already graduated.
- Regular academic curriculum and graduation within 4 years at UG level.
- Outcome Based Education (OBE) system.
- Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education (BAETE), Bangladesh accredited Engineering programs.
- MIST has peer reviewed online open access international journal.
- 96 quality Engineering labs for applied knowledge and research.
- Allocation of maximum budget / fund for research project and thesis.
- Academic affiliation with many universities of the world.
- Collaboration with many industries at home.
- MIST gladly accepts international students from near and far countries.
- Providing consultancy and testing services to many national development projects.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Industrial Production and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Environmental, Water Resources & Coastal Engineering
- Nuclear Science & Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Petroleum and Mining Engineering